Our Code of Practice informs the way that Licketyspit works with children. Licketyspit requires all permanent and freelance staff and volunteers working with children to follow our Code of Good Practice:
All adults have a duty of care and are accountable for the way they exercise authority with the children in their care. They should recognise the trust placed in them by children and should treat this trust with responsibility.
All adults should:
- Treat all children fairly, with respect and dignity
- Always act in the child’s best interest
- Involve children in the decisions that affect them
- Develop respectful and caring relationships
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity and good judgement always
- Use appropriate language
- Be mindful of the need to provide safe environments for all children regardless of age, gender, disability, race, religion, ethnicity, social status or sexuality
- Encourage children to feel comfortable
- Show understanding when dealing with sensitive issues
- Do not discriminate against a child because of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious belief or sexual identity
Licketyspit has its own Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and Procedure. All staff working for Licketyspit receive child protection training and are aware of this policy. They will also have had a PVG Disclosure check carried out before working with the company.