The Tall Ship
We have been closely collaborating with The Tall Ship on various projects such Picnic & Play and BIG Porridge & Play Glasgow Outreach. The Tall Ship, also known as the Glenlee, is one of only five Clyde built ships still afloat in the world today. It first took to the water in 1896 and circumnavigated the globe four times! It’s a great free attraction for families and they run a regular programme of events for all ages!
For more information, visit their website.
Picnic & Play 2019
It was great to be back at the Tall Ship again on Sunday 20th October with families from Ibrox Storyplay and Wyndford, as well as Whiteinch and other parts of the city!
The session concluded with a swashbuckling Magic Ball adventure! We were sailing off the coast of Africa and went to find treasure with Pirate Rough, encountering a sleeping Sea Monster along the way…
What is the best thing about Porridge & Play for you?
- “Use our imagination and act on it.
- Acting out was so much fun
- “Bringing the kids out of their shell a bit more” Dad
- “Walking about the ship, imagining different worlds.” Mum
- “Gives me the chance to have bonding time with L one on one.” Mum
- “Playing all together, kids & adult. Create amazing imaginative plays. Eat healthy food.” Mum
- “Is interesting” Mum
Any other comments?
- “Good, yum, cool” 6 year old
- “It was amazing” 9 year old
- “Come back soon please.” Mum
- “It inspires children & mothers to make more one on one time with their kids.” Mum
- “It was something really different. I hope it brought them out their shells.” Mum
- “M grew in confidence throughout the session” Mum
Previous Joint Events
2019 Picnic & Play at Tall Ship
Sunday 20 October
Registration to enter the ballot is open until Friday 13 October – email CFN@licketyspit.com or text 0741 380 0342 and please state which Picnic & Play session you would like to attend, your children(s) names, age(s) and your postcode.
“It is a fab opportunity to spent time together without distractions, playing, having fun + with our imaginations. Thank you!“ (Parent)
“Even more exciting than usual.“ (Parent)
“The adventure was great.“ (Parent)