We have been collaborating with WHALE Arts since 2018. As a community-led arts charity and social enterprise, WHALE delivers creative projects, programmes and events, and connects community with local and national cultural partners.
For more information about the organisation and their upcoming events & activities, visit their website.
Picnic & Play 2019
We had a fantastic Picnic & Play at WHALE Arts this year. 11 families (32 people!) joined us for games including Witches Fingers, Ickerickeroo, Pirates and Grandma Grandma.
We had a magical trip flying around the world in our Balloons – and even up into space! We walked on the moon and saw Jupiter and the stars. Then we saw a jungle with a cheetah chasing a tiger, a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and a volcano!
We had wonderful Grannies in the forest in Monsters Footsteps and met animals in Funky Chicken including the Fiesty Fish, Seamonkey Horse, Crazy Cheetah! and Scary Squirrel
What is the best thing about Porridge & Play for you?
- “Hard to say, because all great imaginative & fun. Being a child again!” Dad
- “Getting together and playing games” 10 year old
- “Spending time with my children, encouraging imaginative play, allowing older children to be children again. Great food! Loved the soup, healthy options!” Mum
- “I enjoyed doing things I would never normally do” 8 year old
- “Good, because I liked the games because they were quite funny!” 6 year old
- “All of it was new for us. Loved it. Learnt some new songs. Imagination games – should do more @ home” Dad
Any other comments?
- “It was lovely to put some energy into our day and feel a part of something”
- “So nice to see the difference in his ability to join in + focus since our first one.” Mum
- It was really fun 5 stars” 8 year old
- “It was fun singing, playing the games. ” 7 year old
- “I think it has helped there confidence” Mum
- “All staff were fantastic, really enthusiastic and helped get all children involved.” Mum
- “This was great fun. Definitely recommend it to friends.” Dad
Previous Joint Events
2019 Picnic & Play at WHALE Arts
Saturday 9 November
Email CFN@licketyspit.com or text / call 0741 380 0342 to tell us if you’re coming 🙂
Free picnic lunch included!
”Very friendly hosts. Good fun. Nice, healthy lunch.” (Parent)
”I enjoyed it. My children had fun. Thank you for the picnic and play.” (Parent)
”Get the play involved in the picnic. I loved the food choice: all fruit mainly so kids don’t have a choice to eat any unhealthy stuff.” (Parent)
”Thank you. It was great fir the families and great diversity.” (Parent)
”Fantastic. Able to bring all three of my children, even though different ages.” (Parent)