P1a Porridge & Play at St Marys
02 October 2019
It was wonderful to welcome so many parents and carers to the school last month for Porridge & Play!
The children shared some of the Lickety Playcard games they had learnt with their families – from Funky Chicken (and the Silly Lion!) to Witches Fingers, and especially Dressing Up!
Here are some things the children said about their Reflective Drawings in the Gallery…
Playing makes me feel good.
hearts desire is to be a mermaid. I will play at home and feel good!
Fave game, balloons, I feel happy.
What do you think your child will get from an experience like Porridge & Play?
- Confidence, communication skills
- Meet new friends and have fun
- Learn to use her imagination more
- Making friends
- It will open his brain, let him become more confident
- Good – help language
- I think it’s good
- Works in teams
- Improve language
- He always love to play in group
How did you feel about doing Porridge & Play yourself?
- It’s amazing
- I thought it was good to have parents joining in.
- Fine, gets me time to play with Perrie.
- Great stuff
- Very good, really enjoy it
- Liked it
- Like a child, great.
- We will try in home